Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My prospective of the Rabbi's Cat

  In the graphic literature called, "The Rabbi's Cat" by Joann Sfar, the character kitty was the character that stood out at me. The cat was very curious and smart. He was also very blunt. The cat asked a lot of questions in "Rabbi's Cat" that made sense. Some of the questions he would ask were probably questions that others may of wanted to ask but was too scared to do so. The cat being so blunt is what made him a very entertaining character. In chapter 1, he was talking about how annoying the parrot was because all he said was,"caw caw". He then ate the parrot and was able to talk. The kitty showed a unselfish act when in chapter 2, he gave up his ability to talk just so he could help his master pass the french dictation.
          I was drawn to the kitty because he was the way I wish I could be. He would say things and didn't care whether it made the person mad or not. Being the way kitty was in "The Rabbi's Cat" could help you get a lot off your chest. Your not left with saying to yourself, "Oh, I should of did this or I should of said that"!
          My overall experience with literature like, "The Rabbi's Cat" was I enjoyed it a lot. I did have to keep an open mind while reading it because my religion and beliefs are not like the cat's or the rabbi's religion or beliefs. The cat is the character in the novel that kept my interest throughout the whole novel. I would read another novel like "The Rabbi's Cat" as long as it contains another character that was as "real" as kitty was.

1 comment:

  1. I think you make a good point about how the Cat's unvarnished views make him an interesting and sympathetic character. You make an interesting point about how your beliefs affected how you read the novel. In the case of interesting observations like this, it is helpful to your reader to follow such interesting observations with some analysis and elaboration.

    ReplyDelete